Janey started her career at an asset management corporation, but she dreamed of starting her own consulting firm. After her first son was born, she realized she was commuting two hours per day and only saw her newborn baby one hour each night.
So she took the leap, and put her MBA and 8+ years in the financial services industry to work. Janey is now a fractional CFO and business coach who helps service-based small businesses become more profitable through financial and organizational development. She’s one of the most strategic business owners I know, and I’m so excited to bring her expertise to the Business Minimalist podcast!
By the time you’re done listening to this episode, you’ll be well on your way to setting and achieving your financial goals for your small business!
Key Takeaways from this Episode
- How to know when you’ve outgrown your CPA and could benefit from CFO services.
- How to set solid financial goals for your service-based business.
- The key metrics you should measure to track your financial goals month by month.
- How get the profit you need to pay yourself a living wage.
- How to strike the right balance between realistic and ambitious financial goals.
- How to profitably price your services to reach your financial goals.
- Janey shares her best advice for addressing money mindset issues as a woman in business.
- The exact steps Janey took to plan for her maternity leave as a solopreneur.
- The most common financial mistakes small business owners make and what to do instead.
- How to treat your employees well and increase your profit. Janey’s new People and Profit System helps business owners ensure they have the right people and processes in place to sustain their business growth goals.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Janey Stahl Coaching: Website
- Janey Stahl Coaching: LinkedIn
- Janey Stahl Coaching: People and Profit System
- Free Business Assessment + Resources: Click Here
Subscribe to the Business Minimalist Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, you won’t want to miss what’s coming next! Make sure you hit the subscribe button to tune into future episodes.
If you love the Business Minimalist Podcast, I’d be so grateful if you’d rate and review it on iTunes! Simply scroll down, tap to give it a five star rating, then tap “Write a Review.” Your rating and review will help more small business owners discover helpful episodes each week!