Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
As a creative business owner, I LOVE the ShowIt website platform. When I first started my business, I hopped around to several different platforms, but to this day, I think ShowIt is the most beautiful, versatile, and easy to use platform.
When it comes to blogging, I love that ShowIt integrates with WordPress on the backend so you have so many ways to improve your search engine optimization (SEO) – say hello to more traffic, leads, and clients! The downside of having all of this powerful functionally is that you have to learn how to use it. And THAT can get really overwhelming!
Although I’ve learned so much about SEO over the years, I still had some burning questions that were left unanswered by the dozens of conflicting opinions on the internet. That’s why I was so excited to invite ShowIt website designer and SEO expert, Sarah Blodgett, to the podcast today.
Sarah founded Digital Grace Design in 2017 to help wedding professionals and creatives (like you!) escape website shame and find confidence in a beautiful and strategic website that helps them book more clients and grow their business. She is honored to have been named ShowIt’s 2019 Designer of the Year, and was a StoryBrand Certified Guide for 3 years. Sarah is based in New York City, and serves creatives worldwide. Tune into this episode with Sarah to learn how to easily optimize your next ShowIt blog post!
Key Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Which ShowIt settings to double check before you click publish on your first blog post
- The best WordPress blogging plugins to optimize your SEO
- Specific advice for photographers who are primarily blogging their client sessions
- What to do before clicking publish on your next blog post
A summary of what to do before publishing your next ShowIt Blog Post:
- Tag your text as the appropriate H1, H2, paragraph text, etc.
- Select 2 or 3 blog categories. Don’t go overboard!
- Add a featured image.
- Skip tags altogether (tune in to learn why)
- Add in your page title and metadescription using the Yoast plugin at the bottom of the page.
- Double check the Yoast recommendations to see if you need to make any last changes before hitting publish! Tune in to the episode to learn when to ignore these recommendations.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Digital Grace Design
- Connect with Sarah on Instagram
- Grab Sarah’s Free SEO Checklist here
- Which Website Platform is Best for You? Quiz
- Check out Sarah’s Simple ShowIt SEO Course here
- Use my link to get a free month on the ShowIt Platform here!
Subscribe to the Business Minimalist Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, you won’t want to miss what’s coming next! Make sure you hit the subscribe button to tune into future episodes.
If you love the Business Minimalist Podcast, I’d be so grateful if you’d rate and review it on iTunes! Simply scroll down, tap to give it a five star rating, then tap “Write a Review.” Your rating and review will help more small business owners discover helpful episodes each week!