Is the 40 hour work week REALLY productive for modern women? I’ve been thinking about this question since I accepted my first full-time roll as a college graduate. I quickly realized that there are many reasons why the 40 hour work week just doesn’t make sense anymore.. especially for modern women in business.
With over half of women reporting they’re burned out, we have to ask, “Is there a better way to work?” I believe there is! By the end of this episode, you’ll have a better understanding of where the 40 hour work week came from, what’s changed since it went into law in America, and how you can structure your work week more productively as a small business owner.
Key Takeaways from this Episode
- How was the 40 hour work week created?
- Does the 40 hour work week make sense for the economy we’re living in today?
- How does the 40 hour work week affect working women today?
- How to create a truly productive work week as a small business owner today – download my free Task Batching Workbook below to get started.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Download the free task batching workbook here.
- Need help fitting all your responsibilities into a schedule that doesn’t feel like a nightmare?! Fill out my contact form here, and ask about an ideal week strategy session today!
- Take Back Your Family from the Tyrants of Burnout, Busyness, Individualism, and the Nuclear Ideal by Jefferson Bethke
Subscribe to the Business Minimalist™ Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, you won’t want to miss what’s coming next! Make sure you hit the subscribe button to tune into future episodes.
If you love the Business Minimalist™ Podcast, I’d be so grateful if you’d rate and review it on iTunes! Simply scroll down, tap to give it a five star rating, then tap “Write a Review.” Your rating and review will help more small business owners discover helpful episodes each week!