Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means, at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
There are so many different strategies and ways to set goals as a business owner that it can feel overwhelming. That overwhelm can actually hinder your thought process around where your business is heading and keep you from making a plan to focus your efforts on the things you want to accomplish in your business. People who are overwhelmed rarely take action, so by breaking goal setting down in a way that is simple to understand and simple to do, you will get out of the goal-induced overwhelm and into action.
There are only three steps to a successful quarterly goal setting session that will help you build intentionally and help you see the results you want to get out of the next quarter in your business. My foundational structure is something you can build on top of as you get more comfortable with goal setting or if you’re a seasoned goal setter.
I’m a firm believer that action produces clarity, so it’s best, in my mind, to not only be intentional about where you’re headed, but also get into the action of implementing as soon as possible. As you listen to this episode and go through the process, don’t get weighed down by overanalyzing and second guessing the goals you’ve made. Set a goal, take a step, and get into action – focus on what you can control and what you can do to move yourself in that direction. You have very little control over what happens as a result of your actions, but what you do have control over is the actions you take day by day, week by week, month by month, and – as we are talking about today – quarter by quarter.
Quarterly goal setting is one of my favorite topics! Press play and let me share my super simple goal-setting process that will help you get unstuck and give you the foundation to help you move from goal setting overwhelm to a simple, streamlined workflow to plan your quarter.
Key Takeaways from this Episode
- Before you start, do THIS for a productive quarterly goal setting session.
- My 3 simple steps to successfully setting your quarterly goals.
- A breakdown of how your annual goals inform your quarterly goals.
- What to consider when deciding what and how many goals to set for your business this quarter.
- How to evaluate the difference between projects and goals in your business and why it matters.
- The key to making your next 90 days flow seamlessly.
Make it Your Quarterly Goal Setting Process
Ready for your next step? Schedule time to plan your quarter in your calendar! Set this time aside for yourself so that you can work smarter, not harder for the next 90 days. This is going to make your life as a business owner so much easier – I promise!
And if you want to join me in person, visit this link to sign up for my quarterly goal setting and planning workshop on September 27, 2023 at The Midnight Gem in Swisher, Iowa or join the waitlist for the virtual option coming soon.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Episode 051: Curating a Productive Environment for Goal Setting
- Enroll in The Business Edit™, my 4-month Coaching Program
- Book a 4-hour 1:1 Strategy Session
- Sign up for the Quarterly Goal Setting Workshop on September 27, 2023 at The Midnight Gem in Swisher, Iowa
- Join the Waitlist for the upcoming Virtual Quarterly Planning Workshop
Subscribe to the Business Minimalist™ Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, you won’t want to miss what’s coming next! Make sure you hit the subscribe button to tune into future episodes.
If you love the Business Minimalist™ Podcast, I’d be so grateful if you’d rate and review it on iTunes! Simply scroll down, tap to give it a five star rating, then tap “Write a Review.” Your rating and review will help more small business owners discover helpful episodes each week!